Willow House at The Meadows utilizes state-of-the-art methodologies to treat unresolved emotional trauma. One of these methodologies is Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR), an effective therapy for treating Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD).
For many individuals, survival reactions are only experienced in short bursts, but those who suffer from chronic trauma symptoms experience longer-term survival reactions leaving issues unresolved. Talk therapy alone is often not sufficient enough to resolve the chronic trauma symptoms left behind by the survival reaction. The majority of patients who receive EMDR report a greater overall sense of wellness, as well as significant decreases in trauma-related symptoms.
- Changes the way the brain responds to external stimuli.
- Involves sensory input such as changing lights, gentle buzzing from handheld devices or sounds heard through headphones.
- Sensory input switches back and forth from right to left, while the patient tries to recall past trauma.
- Dissolves chronic bodily and emotional reactions to the trauma.
- Is a powerful, effective, and safe method for alleviating the long-term psychological impact of traumatic experiences.
Our Unique Method
Willow House at The Meadows incorporates EMDR in a unique way by integrating the modality with Pia Mellody’s Model of Developmental Immaturity, which allows the therapy to more effectively minimize or eliminate psychological trauma. Research reveals that EMDR is safe and effective when administered by trained professionals, such as those found at Willow House at The Meadows. Given our expertise in administering EMDR - particularly in the treatment of psychological trauma - we accept clients from rehab centers nationwide.Visit us here or feel free to phone us at 877-472-6760.